Tuesday 9 September 2008

Tell me a story. I want that milk and cookies feeling.

They're going to make a drug one day that makes you permanently high but 100% efficient. We probably won't even need to talk then. At least not to other people. We won't need to listen. Work will feel like play. Play will feel like a waste of time. We'll hold hands and say to God "why didn't you make us like this originally". Then someone dressed in purple will say "we don't believe in God anymore". We'll let go of each others hands and go back to work. We'll finish work at 9pm prompt and return home to our shelters.
- - - - - -
Better still we can sleep here tonight. We'll drink decaf coffee because scientists have proved that real coffee isn't a factual possibility. No one likes a hypocrite.
- - - - - -
Hypocrites won't be given the drug. They will have to answer the phones without the drug. Behind locked doors. No, make that bars. Bars behind doors. shut out the sunlight. No treats for bad dogs. Perhaps I'm being too kind.
- - - - - -
I liked the old celebrities more at first. They were abhorrent. But abhorrence was in fashion. People in magazines can't catch germs. Always a plus. They were easy on the eye. And give them credit; they were amongst the first to take the drug, well before anyone had really heard of it.

But
we don't need to buy the magazines anymore. We're too focussed. We DON'T have time. We DO have more money saved up for that rainy day.
- - - - - -
I dropped my keys on the floor yesterday. Had to go and get a new door. I could've locked myself out if it wasn't for some quick thinking. Do you have to report yourself if you break in to your own house? Where was I?
- - - - - -
The last time I spoke to anyone was two days after my grandmother died. People didn't believe what you told them in those days. You had to put a sarcastic accent on everything. I remember being sincere and everyone laughed. I remember telling a joke and nobody laughed. I told them it was ironic and they bought me a drink. They said I should do stand-up. I defiled myself. That's why I took the drug. The habitat that I had grown up in would no longer be able to rub off on me. That could only be a good thing. You can't defile that which is no longer sacred. My sacrosanctity so to speak would no longer be an issue. I rarely related to maths, but this equation circled my brain endlessly;

upbringing (inc. environment) + relationships ÷ conscience = personality

My conscience was telling me that I needed to keep certain things sacred. That didn't seem fair to me. Other people had an influence over how I should behave. How dare they!
So I...
- - - - - - -

No comments: