Thursday 9 October 2008

Why didn't they teach us to grow vegetables at school?

I am going to join the panic-blind countrywide consensus that the world is collapsing (in a financial sense I hasten to add). Actually that is a petite fib. I have deeper concerns:

1) see above title
2) why do we throw everything away? I'm thinking from an aesthetic point of view more than anything. Join my imagination for a mile// Everyone is given beautiful glass jars and wonderful containers. We go to the local shop and fill up our jars with artichokes or pickled beetroot or sesame seeds or arborio rice etc. and then when we've enjoyed our fine food woooosh refill time!
3) think for a moment of the negative influence and lasting devastation that certain people you grew up with have had on you (apply friend/family member/school bully here). I'm not going all Kurt Cobain on you here, I merely highlight the alien elements of our personalities that we unconsciously wear. Of all the things I've lost I mourn my innocence the most. I challenge myself to wear white socks with jeans for a week. I challenge you to be gentle, genuine and authentic.

Amen.

No comments: